Pages

Sunday, January 23, 2011

People always leave - In loving memory of Ahmed Nimal -

Your loss leaves a void that cannot be filled. No one can ever take the place of you in the world. Cant comfort the family by saying that "it was his time anyway". These may be words of comfort later. However, there must be time to mourn the fact that things will never be the same. One minute he was here and now he is gone. I wrote this in loving memeory of Ahmed Nimal, my very close friend and my best friends little brother. He was much more than a friend to me, more like a real brother.  he was lost in the ocean, (kaashidhoo Kandu') one of the biggest and rough ocean in Maldives. Sunday 23rd january 2011 around 11:45am he massaged me saying he will be back in male' around 4pm, and around 1:12 i went to meet my best friend (His sister) and got the news of his lose... still not found and its difficult to believe...




That you finally got it your way
you left us here, without a farewell
leaving behind just your smell

everyone tells me to respect your decision
and understand that you fulfilled your mission
but they don't understand my pain
they don't know how it feels to be stuck under the rain

I finally saw your last SMS
I was hoping it would make me feel better
instead I miss you more
and your last words made me swore
"i'll be there around 4"
it made me wish you weren't gone
because I don't know for how long I can stay strong
I wish you had given me the chance
to take one last glance
at you face filled with love
before you fly away like a dove

rest in peace brother
I hope you will no longer suffer
I will be waiting for you in my dreams
to re-live all those beautiful memories.

When we lose something that is precious to us, we are left with a feeling of sadness. Whether it is a precious friend or even a treasured object, the loss can be hard to bear. It is as if a part of you has gone missing. Throughout our life we amass collections of friends and treasured possessions. Having close relationships help us feel as if we are not alone in the world. When we lose someone that is precious to us, we may realize that there is a certain aloneness that can never be filled. Ultimately the condition of life is one of being alone before G-d.  
We cannot communicate with those who have passed to the other side, never the less their presence remains as long as they are in our hearts.

0 comments:

Post a Comment