Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Dont blame the youth.!!



Looks like our society is growing, atleast that’s what we believe. Personally I feel the extent of aping west has increased, thereby giving us a false picture of the society, People have conveniently removed the restrictions that were put on them from the society. And started to feel more independent.

I just saw this interview on TV of one of my teacher. I used to really respect that teacher a lot so was keenly listening what she has to say. But I was shocked that even teachers have such a bad attitude towards the changing youth.

The discussion was that how today’s youth are misusing the Independence that is being given to them as a result of so called social liberation.
My teacher said, “Today’s youth does not know the difference between freedom and freewill. They think that Independence is free will and have started to live the way they want. without even thinking about it.”

I totally agree with her as far as the lack of knowledge in today’s youth. [ Not excluding myself]. Youth has hardly any idea as to where we need to use our freedom. It has more or less become free will.

The one thing which was damaging in her statement was the blame. Youth themselves are not responsible for their lack of knowledge. It all the more shows the lack of farsightedness in the blamer, who could not impart the knowledge to the youth. I blame the parents who interact so much with the kids, The teachers who spent almost all the daytime with kids. They cannot just escape saying youth don’t have the knowledge. It is their responsibility to teach them what it takes to exercise the freedom in the right sense.

When a parent asks a child to go to room and study, while he/she himself/herself watches TV, Who should be blamed when that child refuses to study?

When a teacher says smoking is bad, with himself carrying a pack of cigars in the shirt pocket do we think the knowledge is imparted?

When a girl is not asked to dress provocatively by a mother watching a TV soap with skimpy clad women, will the daughter listen?

The worst of the complaints I have heard is, “we were never like this when we were your age”. Common when they were young there was less opportunity to do bad stuff, Believe me whatever little opportunity was present they would have done the same thing.

I am not trying to defend the misuse of freedom. I am just trying to say that stop blaming the youth. Everyone is as responsible for this as any other person.
Instead try to solve the problem. Give youth the knowledge in a way which does not blame them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is indeed a wonderful piece of writing. I liked your way of thinking.

✿ Eyesha ✿ said...

Thank you David.. :)

Post a Comment