You heard it right, I wasn't looking for a way to get attention, but attention gave me something to Write. So here is the story.. When people hear you talking about contraceptive methods, sex or reproductive health, it becomes a taboo, Without knowing what that even means.. Believe it or not I'm talking about this society I'm living in, Male', so imagine the situation of an island, I bet its worse than this..
People who know me, or my friends think I'm an expert of this things, cox i talk about it when i feel its right, I believe its something we should know, I write about it in my blog, so its not a big deal if they wanna know and ask me.. Some of them don't even recognize this as a taboo, since they don't talk about it at all. (I'm not telling you to "talk about it" but to know)
I was thinking of what I should write this week, till a friend of mine called and asked me questions on contraceptive pills or Depo-Provera . ( people presume I am an expert on this, I am clueless as to how the assumption was created, but it is existent, so I am forced to deal with it)
So yes, she goes on to tell me, that she needs to stop her periods since its not very regular and asked me how she is gonna get some pills, and how it works.
Here I am left wondering what she needs to learn in the long term. But in the meantime try to tell her to go get a medical checkup, so that all the doubts will be resolved and she would not be giving me details. I pity the girl, then again, life is not predictable, and precaution is always best.( So I have come to believe these days, at least.)
It's not that easy to get those pills, especially if you are not married, its regulated for a good reason (i guess.) but what you need to know is, not to judge people for things that you see from outside..
Yes! Here I’m not going to talk about contraceptive pills, pregnancy, health issues or anything like that, but how easily people draw conclusions and judge!!
First you need to know me, (I'm 23, not married yet, 4"11 and really tinny tiny.. i mean I’m very thin.. I don’t see that as a problem, and if I tell you my weight you'll be like 'OMG!! Ur so small and Tiny’ “you don’t eat?') Well it doesn't matter what you think! I know me, my body, things which is related to me, things I like to do and what I like to eat (and the list can still go on)
I have something (not something) which some people are not aware of, which is known as Endometriosis (Go to the link If ur interested to knw) and please don't tel me thats the reason why I'm so thin!! (I knw some people will think that too cox i have heard it a lot)
Well thats not the reason why I'm telling you i have endometriosis, but the treatment I'm taking for it, Its contraceptive pills and injections. (knw about it on ur own if u want to . :P ) Trust me its a big headache when you have to follow certain rules in your life for some stupid reasons you have no control over. First few months I dint go to buy those pills and injections here in Male' since doctor gave me medicine for first two months in Lanka, (that’s where i started my treatment.)
But the judging part started here in Male', since the first time i went to IGMH to get my injections! I went to nursing station, i gave her my prescription and injection, she stared at me for a minute and asked me "Pain sux ryt" ( that’s verbal Abuse!!) pooofhhh is that even a question to ask from a patient? then she told me "ur so thin how am i suppose to give u this injection" (what the hell) that’s the only thing which came to my mind.
I really get mad at people who judge me (I can say this thousand more times, if ur ready to listen)
So I thought for a test run, I will go purchase some contraceptive pills for myself at the STO Pharmacy. So I walk in, very sure of myself, and tell the pharmacist. “Can I purchase some contraceptive pills?” and she goes “what?”
I repeat “contraceptive pills”
I get a blank look and a little blushing of the cheeks.
I think we know why people do not go to purchase contraceptive pills. You do not want to be running off from a pharmacy hiding two tablets which the pharmacist discretely puts into your hands.
And yes, an average person would be quite discouraged to go through the ordeal, I thought, while the person standing behind gave me a weird look on getting a glimpse of what I said.
Sigh!
Then i gave her my prescription, and she realized i was talking to her.. (its just a small part of it, Every time when i go there or anywhere else there are people who are ready to judge and tell me, without knowing me) and that pisses me off!!!
As always i tell you this, It's my life. I'll live it, I'll love it, and I won't care what you think of it. You’ll never ever meet another like me. Unless you have lived my life, don’t judge me cause, you don’t know, never have & never will know every little thing & detail about my life.!!

0 comments:
Post a Comment